Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nanette Lepore Fringed Skirt. December 2010

I've always been a Nanette Lepore fan. It's one of those labels that I can love and read about, and peruse, but I'd never be able to afford.

Her lines are funky, bohemian almost, with a dash of preppy. I've always adored her prints, but maybe more, her embellishments.

Each piece tells a detailed little story from beginning (the style) to the climax (the print) and lastly, the finale (the embellishments). You never know what you may find, from strange ribbons, pieces of canvas to a subtle fringe.

This skirt doesn't disappoint. It is perhaps, the ultimate example of Nanette's stories. From the style (A-line mini skirt) to the print (a sort of vintage inspired blue and burgundy perfection) and lastly, the embellishments (fringe galore!).

I adore this little piece, that I paid a 'hefty' $4.79 for. It would retail for well over $250.


No comments:

Post a Comment