Saturday, December 4, 2010

What's the Opposite of Christmas in July? December 2010

I suppose it would be July in December?

Selling on Ebay is all about trends. A seller must stay on top of these trends, on a day by day basis. Fashion is full of fads, changes, additions, etc. A savvy seller sees these changes and adjusts their inventory as needed.

Perhaps the most obvious change on Ebay is a seasonal one. It seems obvious, but you'd be surprised  how many stores are still jam packed with tanks and tees in January, while there is only one sweater for all the millions of Ebay shoppers to share.

As Fall began this year, I marked down my Spring and Summer items. I began to fill up for Fall in Winter in August.

(Some brands sell no matter what time of year it is. A gal in Alaska  in the dead of Winter is just as likely to pick up a Free People tank as a surfer chick in California. Labels, labels, labels.)

In the colder months, you'll find me scanning the Spring and Summer items (shhh don't share this secret!). The average bargain hunter isn't in the market for a tank top when it's snowing outside. These racks fill and fill until they practically overflow with amazing items. The designer labels are more available because I'm the only one in town checking for them!

My own rule has been with each trip to my favorite bargain spot, I pick up at least one quality Spring and Summer item.

Recently, I hit the jackpot. The average brand watcher may not know this label, but the true Fashionistas will. Kay Unger New York. To me, she is especially interesting as she has a background in Fine Art (did I mention I also have a passion for art?) and in fact depends on her "eye" as an artist when designing and choosing prints. Particularly, her color composition is wonderful. I would guess that this is exactly what has made her a coveted designer. Each bright, colorful, striking piece is a show stopper!


Kay Unger New York

Kay Unger New York is  'hit or miss' on Ebay.com. You just never know. I always give her a chance, and have had average luck with her garments. Generally, a silk skirt will sell around $25.

This featured dress is the epitome of my above descriptions. It's tropical. It's bright. It's interesting. It's unique. (It retails well over $300!!!)

At maxi-dress length, layers of silk, sheer and stunning, this dress truly is a show stopper! It's a halter with a plunge V-neck, which Kay Unger smartly lined with tons of uber-feminine ruffles. It's a rare size 14 also.

I've personally always found Hawaiian print to look tacky, but if I had to choose a Hawaiian print for myself, this would be it. The palette is limited to shades of 3 colors, vs tons of crazy colors thrown every which way. Also, the leaf is the star here, not the flower itself. What a nice switch!

Oh, and  "pssst"....I paid $5.79!

As always, I welcome your comments! Please stop by my store also: Quality.Finds.Iconic.Clothing on Ebay.com

http://www.kayunger.com/

2 comments:

  1. thank you for the comment! are you not posting any more? :(

    This dress is stunning, Ive always been a fan of the palm print. This dress belongs in Miami! so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli! Thanks so much for the comment! I will start posting again, I got a bit sidetracked there for awhile!

    LOVE this dress! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete